Παρασκευή 23 Αυγούστου 2019

The usual


The bottle landed squarely in his right grasp and immediately flew off behind his back to where his other hand was waiting for it. A little bit of Green. Then a little bit of Pink. "Just smile and wave man..."  Then some extra shit, give it a shake and serve with a leaf or cherry or lime.
 "...just smile and wave"

Incoherent cheers and drunk laughter under the neon. Another blink. Who the hell thought this would be a good idea. Well here they come again. Flex the fingers find a bottle. Smile and wave.
He had done all this many times before

"The usual please"

5 years in this place he had never seen her before.
Some kind of joke? Heard joke once. Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed... No time for jokes now.

"I am sorry?"

"I'll have the usual please"

Well let's go again. A little but of Green and a little bit of Pink.

"Put these things down, will you please. You must be new here."

She was hardly over 22 and a real beauty. There was something about her though, something he couldn't really place.

"Been working here my lady since before you were allowed in" He immediately regretted saying that. But didn't know why.

"You are funny" she said. He could tell she didn't mean it but she wasn't mocking him either.
"This bottle, that glass, no ice. You will remember next time"

That was a decent drink. None of that Green or Pink shit. He gave her a long look as he was pouring into the glass. No tricks no show. She was stunning indeed but he couldn't shake that feeling, the more he looked the more his senses complained.

"Here you go my lady, enjoy your night"

"Pour something for yourself as well. Anything you want, my treat"

"I'm sorry I don't drink while on the job"

"But you hate your job and even if you don't want it, you need a drink. Have whatever you want"

His thoughts went to the Green. He hated that stuff, he hated that he still liked it. He reached below and got the Blue. This was a Blue night after all but as always mixed with a little Green. He brought his glass next to hers.

"To every Blue night" she toasted. He could drink to that. He did.

"Do you like me?" she asked leaning forward ever so slightly. Her eyes fixed on him expecting an answer.

Of course he did.

"I know you do. I just want to hear you say it"

"You are but a fleeting image. A beautiful being manifest here this night, I do not know what for.
Once you smell the Green still running through me you will be gone. So yes , yes I like you. When will you punish me for it?"

She took a small sip from her drink, then set it aside.
"I have no desire to punish you for being lonely. Come upstairs with me...
But you should know, I have been coming to this place since before you were allowed in."

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: